The leadership that can save the ANC - Forces of Change
ANC 53RD NATIONAL CONFERENCE PERSPECTIVE - VOTE FOR CHANGE! VOTE FOR A QUALITY ANC! VOTE FOR AN ANC THAT HAS THE CONFIDENCE OF THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH AFRICA AND THE WORLD.
Welcome to the perspective that promotes change of leadership and policies in the ANC 53rd National Conference of the African National Conference. This perspective is unapologetically a platform to communicate and exchange information on the need for thorough going change in the ANC 53rd National Conference.
All members and supporters of the ANC who support the need for quality and durable change in the ANC 53rd National Conference are allowed to contribute on this perspective and will recurrently post messages and updates. This website is a necessary platform because forces of darkness and faceless sources always spread misleading messages about genuine leaders of the ANC who are an embodiment of the change that should happen in the ANC 53rd National Conference.
THE CHANGE ADVOCATED FOR HERE IS CHANGE THAT WILL RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING VITAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
1. ANC that will re-affirm the Freedom Charter as the strategic mission and vision.
2. ANC that will re-affirm the National Democratic Revolution as the route towards attainment of Freedom Charter objectives.
3. A non-racial, non-sexist, democratic, united and prosperous ANC and South Africa, which does not undermine the values of the Constitution.
4. A corrupt-free ANC, which fights against all forms of corruption and respects the rule of law
5. ANC that respects its members and leaders from all ethnic and language groups, not one over the rest.
6. ANC that makes sure that all its cadres in business are provided structured support, not support that is questionable.
7. A stable government and cabinet, which will restore the confidence of the people of South Africa in the Movement.
8. ANC that will always prioritise the interests and aspirations of workers, particularly mineworkers in the face of massive crackdown and dismissals by their employers and bosses.
9. ANC that will focus on real rural development of all rural areas in South Africa, not just few territories.
10. ANC that will respect the autonomy of the ANC Women's, Youth and Veterans Leagues and give them guidance on areas of disagreement.
11.ANC that will build real and genuine unity of the alliance based on the aspirations of the Freedom Charter and the NDR.
12. ANC that will regain the confidence of all Africans in the AFRICAN continent and Diaspora as a genuine leader of African renaissance.
13. ANC whose leaders are symbols of integrity and guided by proper morals in society that can inspire the confidence of the majority.
14. ANC that can win the hearts and minds of all South Africans, make them to cherish and value knowledge, education and expertise.
15. ANC that will respond to the needs of all South Africans and provide leadership whenever called upon to do so.
16. The ANC that will pursue the struggle for economic freedom in our lifetime in an unapologetic and clear fashion, emphasising in particular Nationalisation of Mines and land expropriation without compensation.
17. The ANC that will reflect generational-mix, meaning that new and younger tried and tested cadres of the ANC will be given space to lead the Movement.
The events and other political, social, and economic developments that have happened in the ANC and South Africa since the 52nd National Conference in 2007 clearly demonstrate that under President Jacob Zuma, the ANC has been unable to lead the Movement and society towards these qualities and attributes.
All reliable independent and dependent surveys about the confidence of South Africans on the leadership of President Zuma have shown that an absolute majority of South Africans do not have confidence in his leadership. This was illustrated by the fact that when he was face of the ANC campaign in 2009 general elections and 2011 local government elections, the ANC lost a significant number of votes in all provinces, except in KwaZulu Natal.
The Democratic Alliance ran an anti-Zuma elections campaign and were able to win elections decisively in the Western Cape, and reclaimed the City of Cape Town with a decisive majority whilst posing a real threat to the ANC in Port Elizabeth and Johannesburg. The DA is encroaching into the base of the ANC, and their access point is of course the weaknesses of local leadership, but also the fact that President Zuma does not inspire confidence and has no moral compass to guide the nation on good family values, on the fight against corruption and on many vital values that define and characterise South Africans.
The change we advocate for in this platform should stop the DA's encroaching of the ANC base and it is known fact that with President Zuma, who has lost confidence of the people on the ground, the ANC will receive a reduced number of votes, election after election.
THE LEADERSHIP THAT CAN SAVE THE ANC FROM THIS ANOMALY AND LEADERSHIP WHICH IS OPEN TO SCRUTINY AND LEADERSHIP THAT IS TRIED AND TESTED IN VALUES OF THE MOVEMENT IS THE FOLLOWING LEADERSHIP:
Collectively and individually, these leaders reflect the best collective of ANC leaders ever produced in the post democratic dispensation. They reflect collectively the following values:
- Quality, credibility and integrity amongst the people of SOUTH AFRICA, AFRICA AND THE WORLD.
- Understanding of core organisational values and principles.
- Generational mix.
- Thorough understanding of the business community.
- Thorough understanding of the international struggles and how the ANC should respond.
- Deeper understanding of gender and women's struggles.
- Deeper understanding and appreciation of the struggles of the youth.
- Appreciation and deeper understanding of the Military Veterans of the ANC.
- Thorough and deeper understanding of challenges facing the ANC in Provinces.
- Appreciation of the kind of society South Africa and the world has become.
- Innovation, creativity and forward thinking on new solutions for the future.
- Thorough and deeper understanding of the theory of the revolution and the vitality of the Freedom Charter in the struggle for total emancipation.
- Fair balance of militancy/radicalism versus moderation and pragmatism.
- Collective appreciation of political education as a tool to rebuild and renew the ANC.
- Non-corruptibility in their individual and private lives.
- Non-factionalist approach to ANC politics.
- Uniting and patient leaders who will bring everyone together.
- Not compromised individuals who will feel indebted to anyone.
- Ability to genuinely appeal to all spectrum of society.
These are the leaders who represent change promoted unapologetically in this platform, and a thorough look into these leaders' individual lives and political conduct will
indeed reveal the truthfulness of these values and qualities that they represent. Any individual who is honest to themselves and is not influenced by narrow ethnic, regional, and personal patronage prejudices will agree that the values used to define this leadership collective are a reflection of reality and totally true.
Sometimes the best way to describe who, what, and how you are is by describing who, what, and how you are not.
Below we describe what we are not as a basis of describing who we are:
- We are not a faction in the ANC, and are not an official structure of the ANC.
- We are not an anti-ANC grouping that seeks to undermine the proper organisational platforms of the ANC and its formations.
- We are not a funding mechanism in the ANC to provide resources to one group against the other.
- We are not a neutral body that does not hold opinions on who should lead the ANC post 53rd National Conference.
- We are a lobby group that seeks to provide useful and correct information about the reason why branches of the ANC call for change of leadership.
- We are a lobby group that seeks to provide correct information and publish what leadership of the ANC seeking change say whenever they are misrepresented in the mainstream media.
- We hold a view that the leadership of the ANC as is should be changed at the 53rd National Conference and a new leadership with President Kgalema Motlanthe as President be given the elected mandate to lead the ANC forward.
- We believe that unity in the ANC can be achieved through election of leadership proposed in this perspective's opening statement.
Issued by the Forces of Change, November 7 2012
Click here to sign up to receive our free daily headline email newsletter