Adv. Faith Doreen Radebe
Inspector-General of intelligence
Adv.Radebe is an accomplished leader, with extensive experience in both Intelligence and Military related matters.
She is a lawyer by profession and was admitted as an Advocate in the High Court of South Africa.
A talented intellectual and a Senior Diplomat whose leadership and managerial abilities dates back to the early years of the struggle for the liberation of South Africa, from the Apartheid regime where she was Commander and Manager of the Xibashe Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK) Security Camp in Angola and in South Africa where she was Manager and Coordinator for Source Relocation - Operational Services, at the National Intelligence Agency.
Whilst at NIA she also worked at SASS and ISC's legal fraternity. As the exiting High Commissioner of 14 CARICOM Countries which are accredited to the CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY and the first Ambassador to CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY, she over the years, developed a strong grasp and a profound understanding of the Caribbean Community and international affairs at large, she managed successful bi-laterals in Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, St. Vincent, St. Kitts, Guyana, Grenada, Antigua, St. Lucia, Belize, Dominica, Trinidad, Surname, and Haiti. Adv. Radebe also represents South Africa at the International Seabed Authority (ISA) and was appointed Deputy President of the Assembly of the Assembly in 2009, the position she still holds on behalf of South Africa.
Adv. Radebe embraces a strong ability to surpass expectations within highly demanding environments. An inspired woman, mentor, mediator a team player, who promoted and maintained strong international relations for the Government of the Republic South Africa and built innovative vision through sustainable relationships which have lead among other things to the signing of the Cultural Agreement between Jamaican Government and South Africa, the MOU between Jamaican Defense Force and South African National Defense Force, the continued waiver of visa requirements for all South African passport holders. Her experience and skills as a Lawyer, an intelligence officer and Military officer will be invaluable in her new post as the fourth Inspector-General of Intelligence.
* Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial), Bond University Australia
* LLB Honors Degree, University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
* Diploma in Journalism, Tanzania School of Journalism, Tanzania
* Certificate in Policy Formulation, Regenesis Johannesburg
* Certificate in Voice Training, Pretoria
* Project Management Course, SAMDI
* Public Development Management Course provided by Wits University.
* Change Management; course provided by UNISA
* Certificate in Women in Business Managements Graduate School of Business provided by UNISA
* Appointed as High Commissioner to all the CARICOM Countries
* Elected Chairperson of the ASF Management Committee and Director of
* Member of the Sisulu Education Trust
* Member of the Board of Trustees of the Albertina Sisulu Foundation
* Publisher and Reporter for Lusaka Daily News in Zambia
* Local Newspaper Reporter and Assistant Editor, Daily News, in Tanzania
* Training as Article Clerk, Harare Magistrates Court
* Training as Public Prosecutor and Magistrate
* Training at the Criminal and Civil Divisions
* Monitoring the court sitting at Harare Magistrate Court.
* 2005 TO Date - High Commissioner to all Caribbean Community CARICOM
Countries (Jamaica, Barbados, The Bahamas, St. Vincent, St. Kitts, Guyana,
Grenada, Antigua, St. Lucia, Belize, Dominica, Trinidad, Suriname, and
Ambassador to Haiti) and Accredited as High Commissioner to CARIBBEAN
Community in 2009.
* 2003 - 2005 - Specialist (Legal): Conditions of Service, Intelligence Services Council
* 2000 - 2003 : Manager: The Office of the Coordinator for Intelligence (NICOC)
* 1999 - 2000 : Manager and Coordinator for Source Relocation: Operational Services, National Intelligence Agency
* 1998 - 1999 : Manager: Special Projects, National Intelligence Agency (South African Government)
* 1996 - 1998: Legal Advisor: Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA), Rosebank, And Johannesburg.
* 1995 - 1996 : Legal Advisor on condition of Services South African Secret Service
* 1992 - 1995 : Director and Legal Advisor, World Peace Council Legal Advisor, ANC Women's League Legal Advisor, Department of Intelligence Service (ANC, Johannesburg)
* 1978 - 1991: Served in the External Missions of the African National Congress (ANC) in various capacities.
* Member of the Department of Intelligence and Security Xibashe Camp
* Commander of the Women's Section, Xibashe Camp Angola
* Head of Administration/Manager in the Camp, Angola
* Regional Chairperson of the Women's League in, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
* Journalist and Researcher, Department of Information and Propaganda (DIP), in Zambia and Tanzania.
* Broadcaster, Radio Freedom, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
* Member of the regional Political Committee, Tanzania and Zimbabwe
* Administrator Regional Political Committee, Mozambique, and Swaziland.
* Administrator at the Treasury Department. Lusaka Zambia.
* 2003 : Consultation on the Intelligence Conditions of Services in the Hague,
France and China
1993 : Consultation on the Integration of Non-Statutory Forces in the Defence
Forces, Denmark, Belgium, NATO Headquarters and Austria
* 1992 : Conference Children's Charter and the Rights of the Child, South Africa
* 1992 : ANC - USA international Conference, Speaking Tour on Women in Changing South Africa, New York and USA,
* 1991 : Black Lawyers Association Annual Conference, Johannesburg 1987 : ANC International Conference, Tanzania (Preparatory Committee Member
* 1986 : Conference for South African Journalists, Zimbabwe
* 1985 : International Women's Conference, Tanzania
Click here to sign up to receive our free daily headline email newsletter