Text of the letter from Hlaudi Motsoeneng, SABC COO, to DA Parliamentary Leader, Mmusi Maimane MP, November 28 2014:
28 November 2014
Mr Mmusi Maimane
Democratic Alliance Parliamentary Leader,
Parliament of Republic of South Africa
Dear Mr Maimane,
Re: PUBLISHING OF ILLEGALLY SOLICITED INOFRMATION AND/OR DOCUMENTS
1. We refer to the above mentioned matter and would like to place it on record and the SABC's dissatisfaction with the conduct of the Democratic Alliance (DA). The Democratic Alliance continues to use and/or publish confidential internal SABC documents that they illegally obtained. This is as it points to the fact that the Democratic Alliance is condoning the misconduct by some SABC employees who continue to steal information from the SABC. This conduct compromises the operations and successful running of the SABC.
2. The DA being a political party that has representation in the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa has access to all the mechanisms that are available in Law to obtain any information that it requires from the SABC.
What adds to our concern is the blatant condonation of criminality by the official opposition that is charged with amongst other things making sure that the rule of Law is upheld and respected.
3. The above action also creates doubt to the SABC of the integrity of the DA and its ability to keep confidential information that the SABC presents in Parliament.
4. The DA parliamentary members have taken an oath to uphold the laws of the Republic Of South Africa.
5. We wish to put it on record that unless and otherwise prohibited by legislation, the DA is welcome to access all the SABC information through the correct channels.
6. We are therefore writing this letter to request you to immediately desist from the actions as mentioned above as your practice is very disruptive to the day-to-day smooth running of the SABC which places the SABC name and its employees in disrepute.
cc: Mr GR Davis
Democratic Alliance Member
Issued by the DA, November 30 2014
Click here to sign up to receive our free daily headline email newsletter