Sexual harrassment charges dropped against Fransman - NPA
23 May 2016
Cape Town – The sexual harassment case against ANC Western Cape leader Marius Fransman has been dropped.
NPA spokesperson Luvuyo Mfaku told News24 on Monday that the National Director of Public Prosecutions had declined to prosecute.
This was due to a lack of evidence, he said.
The decision had been communicated with the accuser.
Fransman was accused of sexual harassment following the party’s January 8 celebrations.
A woman accused Fransman of sexual harassment while they travelled to the North West for the African National Congress's birthday rally in Rustenburg.
He has repeatedly denied the claims.
This article first appeared on News24, see here.