by Herman Manson. When Wayne Naidoo came back to adland to launch his venture, Duke, back in early 2015, he'd no idea he would lose its founding client four months after his wife quit her job to join him at the fledgling ad agency.
Agency Life: The black elephant in the room — part 3
by TJ Njozela. My people, I’m just going to go straight into it. Sorry, not sorry.
Hidden Figures: Naledi Mabindla
by Musaba Kangulu. Not one to shy away from truths, this Harambee Communications senior account director is what you call a necessary firestarter.
Africa’s 2017 Epica Awards winners
by MarkLives. Egypt, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria and South Africa have between them three Golds, one Silver and two Bronzes at the 2017 Epica Awards held in Berlin, Germany, last week.
By Invitation Only: Being ‘better for’ consumers vs ‘better than’ competitors
by Ntombizamasala Hlophe. Consumers are looking for brands that are essentially ‘better for’ them and their environment, and not brands that are merely ‘better than’ the competitors.
- Ad of the Week: Kulula’s #travelhaters you gonna love
- Cover Stories: Thoughtfulness in design 17 Nov 2017 — formerly MagLove
- Shelf Life: Joe Public, Egg talk HIV with Brothers for Life
- SA TV Ratings: DStv — primetime top 30 for Oct 2017
On the Radar:
- King James Digital to disrupt media revenue model
- SA’s SJ the first-ever Young Guns Creative Choice
- TFG’s Exact appoints digital agency
- Kagiso Musi joins Wunderman's Telkom agency as MD
- World Street Store Day to celebrate 700th Street Store
- aQuellé appoints digital agency
- Jupiter CT wins British gym group
- The Bridgestone Group appoints comms partner
- Cannes Lions drops prices, categories for 2018
- The Times ends 15 Dec
Go to MarkLives.com for breaking news, exclusive industry opinion, company news and jobs! Sign up here for the MarkLives email newsletter every Monday and Thursday. Follow MarkLives on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube. NEW: Ramify.biz — connecting marketers and agencies free of charge in South Africa, Namibia, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Botswana — and now Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda!